Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Time for a Speech

Since I don't have any news yet, I think I'll talk about how awesome this whole cartoon process is.  Yeah...that's what I'll do...

I have tried many different fields of art: realism, cartooning, painting, pastel, clay sculpting, 3D modeling: pretty much (almost) everything.  Out of all the art-related things I've tried, 2D animation is the hardest, most tedious, most irritating art form to me, but it is also the most rewarding.  The best part is watching the results after hours and hours of hard work and seeing your characters actually performing.  Conveying emotions and believable acting in animation -- without the voices, mind you -- is the hardest thing I've ever done but it is by FAR the best art form there is, hands down.

...but I still hate doing backgrounds.

Right now I just have to mention two of my favorite quotes from the animator Art Babbitt: "Every rule in animation is there to be broken -- if you have the inventiveness and creativity to look beyond what exists." "The animation medium is very unusual.  We can accomplish actions no human could possibly do.  And make it look convincing!"

And of course, I can't forget the complete AWESOMENESS that is the voice actors, Neil and Jack (Giovanni and Strider respectively).  Seriously guys, this show wouldn't be possible without your talents.  Ever since I started creating my own characters (what...8 years ago??), I've always wanted them to talk and thought about what kinds of voices they'd have, and this is the first time I get to really hear it, all thanks to you two.  I LOVE YOU GUYS <3

Soooo YEP, that is all for now.  Back to animating!

No comments:

Post a Comment