Sunday, June 19, 2011

I made my own peg bar.

I've always wanted a peg bar, but the only place I could find one was online, and I'm not paying 7 bucks for shipping when it doesn't even weigh anything.  Since I have some extra clay and decent sculpting skills, I decided to make my own. XD  Yay for frugality!

I started off with a punched paper for reference, a flat surface, and an X-Acto knife.

I kneaded some clay, stretched it out, flattened it with a rolling pin, and then used a ruler to guide the knife along the edge.


Now it looks somewhat straighter. XD  I shaped the registration pegs at this point and smoothed them out with my clay tool.  I kept them separate for now because it will be easier to sand them if needed and glue them on.  Time to bake this sucker!


It's out of the oven now (as you can see, I burned it slightly XD), and I sanded it a good amount.  I marked where the pegs will go by placing the paper on top and aligning the holes on the bar.  Then I glued it with super glue, cause any other glue I've used on clay dried up and broke the sculpture. :<


There she is... And working like a charm!  For something homemade, I guess. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment